“Back to school. Back to school, to prove to Dad that I’m not a fool. I got my lunch packed up, my boots tied tight; I hope I don’t get in a fight. Oh! Back to school… back to school… back to school. Well, here goes nothing.”
Well after a very restful vacation I am so ready to get back to work! I’m not sure I really accomplished a whole lot so I am going to write down some things I did accomplish….
- Planned all my upcoming clubs for school and am way stoked about them!
- Learned how to express wants in Kazakh, and ask if I can help coach the girls in volleyball.
- Went to a Kaz style club with Abby and her host sisters. It was like ladies 80’s night! Saw some of my colleagues there, new friends? Maybe?
- Pushed a car out of a snow bank.
- Ate at a German Pub.
- Made a salad that looked like a pineapple.
- Have been frozen and thawed like 44 times….with 22 of those being trips to the bathroom in the middle of cold nights.
- Got together a little Kaz care package for some friends and fam in the states. I think this will be the year that I make up for missing my mom’s birthday 3 years in a row. Oh yeah… get excited mom! Ok not too excited, but it is homemade, and no it’s not horsemeat : )
- Chatted with some friends and family… it was great. My uncle even dressed up like Santa on Skype!
10. Found out one of my best friends is getting married and I get to be in her wedding!
11. Tentatively planned some up-coming trips. Oh yeah. By upcoming I mean like 5 months away.
12. Convinced myself that I wasn’t completely useless over the last week or two.
That’s all I can think of right now…
Anyways it is a new year! Can you believe its 2011!! I’ve been out of college for 3 years… and there is only 3 years until my 10 year high school reunion. OMG.
Ok here’s the deal… I’m not a big fan of ‘New Years Resolutions’ but I am a fan of goals. So I’ve decided this is going to be an interactive blog in order to see …1) Who actually reads my blogs 2) I want you to think of a goal you have for the new year and post it below. Then next year around this time we’ll see how we did. Are you onboard? Ok good! I’ll start…. One of my goals for the year is to finish reading the entire Bible.
Now it’s your turn! Looking forward to reading them, and reaching some goals. Take care!