As some of you know we are without running water. I thought this was going to be a temporary situation, but it’s going on 3 solid weeks without running water. I never really realized how much you use water on a daily basis, until I have had to haul a giant container of water on a mini sleigh from a sometimes working well or a frozen river… almost daily. (Some of you have requested photos, however its hard to carry a camera and pull a sleigh, I will work on it)
Also I have had to start washing my clothes by hand. This has been an interesting learning experience. So I get home from work, grab the sleigh, head out to get water, put some water on the fire so its not freezing, grab some clothes, a bucket, and I get started. You would be surprised how dirty our clothes really are. We are lucky to have our wonderful washing machine dispose of the brown water before we have the wonderful opportunity to see it. Gross. I am getting better at it though! My arms don’t feel like their going to fall off after, and the water isn’t completely brown on the 4th time I rinse the clothes. Needless-to-say I am exhausted and my hands are a wreck… Cracking, wrinkly, and manlier than ever! Keepin it sexy here in Sarkand.
Oh and I’m making homemade peanut butter. Spent an hour peeling the red cover stuff of a pound of peanuts, dropped them all over then ground (super annoying), and picked them up. Next step is to wash them, roast them, smash them by hand, add some honey and a bit of oil, and I’ll have some tasty peanut butter. Hopefully.
GOOD NEWS!! I got a letter today from America!!! It was from my good friend Adam Franzen thank you!! So packages will get here, it may just take some time.
Some have also asked what I need…
- Some Neutrogena dark under eye circle cover up and cover up for zits– for pale skin haha
- Blush— The kind here stinks
- Mexican Spices
- Peanut Butter M&M’s
- Pancake mix
- Zip lock bags
- Little goodies for my students- Pencils, candy, little toys
- School Supplies!!!
- Workout DVD’s
- Workout Clothes!!
- Fabreeze for my smelly clothes and Baby Powder for oily hair
- Snack Bars/Protein Bars: Lara Bars, and Kashi Crunchy Bars.
- Rose Lamb— Thank you soo much for the bars they have saved my hungry belly many times and I still have some. I am rationing them haha.
- Can you send sweet potatoes in the mail? : )