Have you ever had one of those moments where you say to yourself, “That just happened…”??? Well I just had a weekend full of em’!
Firstly, I would like to report that my new Sunday afternoon routine consists of hauling water. I would say that as of right now, check back in a year, I enjoy it. It makes me feel like I’m intergrading, and its good training for the marathon.
‘That just happened moment’ montage:
- My host sister, Asem, decided that I couldn’t wash my own hair properly in the banya. So… She grabbed the soap and washed my hair for me. I’m happy to report that my hair is squeaky clean!
- I was doing a workout in my room (the size of a closet) and my host family saw me, and asked what the heck I was doing. So I told my family about my yoga and various workout videos. This all lead to us doing P90X yoga in the living room, followed by a kickboxing workout, and concluded with a dance party to Shakira!! Now we are going to workout together every night!
- My counterpart, Nurgul, told me I was directing a Christmas play.
- Maidina and I labeled the whole house with Kazakh, Russian, and English words.
- I went pee outside and the toilet paper was frozen.
- My nose hair froze the second I walked outside.
- As I was taking the pictures in the previous blog my camera froze and stopped working for a bit.
Some of you asked what I needed from home: A planner would be stellar. Some upcoming holiday decorations would be awesome. Also, just some love from the states. Check out the goodies page.
Love you all!!!